Training program outline
PAASP offers short introductory lectures (2-4 hours), in-depth training courses and seminar series for students, postdocs, young scientists and faculty.
Our training program covers key aspects of quality in biomedical research, including:
- Data „reproducibility“ discussion: Extent of the problem
- Robustness vs reproducibility
- Origins of poor data robustness
- Study design and power
- Positive predictive value
- Importance of the control over experimental conditions
- Generalizability of research findings
- Key elements of Good Scientific Practice
- Reporting of methodological details
- Application of clinical study design standards in preclinical research
- Confirmation of research findings under broader range of conditions
- Correct reporting of statistical data analysis
- Culture of tolerance of negative data
- Consequences of poor data reproducibility
PAASP also provides support beyond the regular training programs – we support your grant applications, advise you on specific study design, execution, reporting and data storage.
PAASP is also looking for partner labs willing to serve as “model labs” to facilitate training of your scientists and to disseminate hands-on knowledge on Good Scientific Practice.